The towels are made of highly absorbent and evaporative material. Once wet, the towel produces a cooling effect with the help of simple evaporation. As long as the towel is wet, exposed to the air and allowed to breathe, the towel will evaporate and cool the user.
No. The cooling received from both PVA and soft towels is similar, the difference is in how long they last. A PVA towel will typically hold more water and as such will last longer. A soft towel will need to be re-wet more often, but stays soft even when dry.
Simply re-wet the towel with cool water to reactivate the evaporative cooling process.
The PVA towel can be placed in a refrigerator, but not in a freezer. Since the PVA towel material is loaded with water when in use, placing in the freezer will cause it to freeze and become brittle. Be sure to wash the towel before using and storing. We recommend putting the towel in a re-sealable storage bag in the refrigerator.
Simply re-wet the towel by soaking it in warm water. Once it becomes soft, wring out the excess water and re-wet with cool water prior to use. DO NOT try to separate or fold the towel when stiff as it may damage the towel.
With proper care and storage the towels will last and provide evaporating cooling for several years.
Yes, the towel has an internal mesh reinforcing material that will allow you to cut it into any shape that fits your needs.
No, we do not recommend it. In order to evaporate effectively, the towels should be allowed to breathe and be exposed to air when in use. In fact, turning the towel periodically when in extended use will help the evaporation and cooling process and allow skin to "breathe" as well.
Yes, the organic nature of the material allows the towel to be ground up and blended with soil to help dry soil retain moisture. It’s completely inert and will slowly decompose and become a part of the environment.
While the PVA material is medically safe and has been tested to be non-allergenic, prolonged uninterrupted use may cause redness or a mild rash to individuals with very sensitive skin. The towel material is so absorptive that if it begins to dry out and starve for moisture it can pull moisture and oil from your skin, resulting in redness or mild rash. The best solution is to make sure the towel has plenty of moisture in it and to take a break from using it every hour. If you experience a reaction, discontinue the use of the towel immediately.